Friday, March 11, 2011

#1

Nowadays I often think about those days that we shared with each other

It was in 2005, a winter night, you said that you missed that traditional food back in our country..

It was of fortune that it was not my duty to make cooking that day. I just went out from our house, ran from our house to the city center, attempting to look around if there was a place that I could get hold of that food. I went to Elizabeth, King, Queen, William, turned back to Bourke and Little Bourke then finally back to Lygon.

There was a authentic restaurant of our country in Lygon that we never had meals there before. With a hunch, I snapped open the classy door of the shop and went in. I saw the waiter and told him exactly what I needed there. With much luck, this food is sold here and I manage to get some of them cooked (as the food is not ready by that time yet). The manager of the shop (who was of same kampung with me) had a chat with me. I told him the food is to be brought back to you, someone that was really important in my life. The manager patted on my shoulder and wished me luck. I smiled.

With the food, just like a game character who fulfilled his quest and got the item to continue withe story flow, I ran back to our house jovially. I arrived in time. Everyone was ready for dinner at the table. I placed that food on the table to be shared with you, and everyone. But we knew, you did not have that food. I was heart broken, even more when someone asked me for details with that food.

The drive that I had for doing that, was solely that was for you. Even now, I still would be doing that, running across streets just like how I was many years ago

No comments: